1922 – George McCambridge worked for James McGlade and Co., a wholesale wine and spirit merchant in Belfast. March 1922 – George McCambridge got the job of manager of Powell’s, the Four Corners in Shop Street, Galway. 3rd July 1925 – George McCambridge in partnership with Mr. Brennan opened McCambridge, Brennan and Co as a “high class grocery, provision, wine and spirit establishment” at 38 Shop Street Galway. 1930’s – George bought out Mr. Brennan and the shop was changed to McCambridge’s Ltd. 1934/35 – George’s younger brother Malachy came to work for George. 1939 – The whole premise was renovated.
Our Food Hall consists of a full grocery range, a large sandwich bar, a self serve salad bar and olive bar, a deli counter stocking the best of cold meats and cheese and a well stocked boutique wine and spirits section.
We stock a full range of local Artisan Foods, Specialty Coffee and Fruit & Veg along with hand-picked boutique wines and the best Irish whiskey, Scottish malts, brandy, liqueur, rum, gin and vodka. Key to our success is our incredibly hardworking and knowledgeable staff who are always there to offer advice and guidance.