Bantry House is the ancestral home of the Earls of Bantry which is situated overlooking Bantry Bay in West Cork. The title lapsed in 1891 but the house is still owned and lived in by the direct descendants of the 1st Earl of Bantry.Since 1946 the House and Garden has been open to the public. The House has an important collection of art treasures mainly collected by the 2nd Earl of Bantry on his Grand Tour. The House and Garden are open from April to October from 10am to 5pm and are self-guided with guidebooks in many different languages. Each day a free brief introduction on the history of Bantry House will be given at the main house entrance at 11am and 2pm. Bantry House hosts a number of events including classical and traditional music festivals, product launches, food festivals and outdoor theatre and is a popular location for television and films.